Advocate linked to controversial protest program missing

National
By Denis Omondi | Jun 23, 2025
LSK President Faith Odhiambo. [LSK, X]

The Law Society of Kenya has raised concerns over the whereabouts of Advocate Ndiangui Kinyagia, the man who published the June 25 protest program on his X account.

According to the lawyers' organisation, Kinyagia made his last communication to his family on Saturday, June 21, at around 1 pm.

"Since then, he has disappeared without a trace...his current whereabouts remain completely unknown," said LSK in a statement.

"This incident bears the hallmarks of an enforced disappearance and a possible unlawful arrest and detention," it added.

LSK President Faith Odhiambo, and the body's Public Interest Litigation Directorate confirmed meeting with the missing advocate's family who reported that his house was broken into, on Saturday, by people believed to be security agents.

The daytime operation reportedly led to the seizure of electronic devices and travel documents.

"According to eyewitnesses, Mr Kinyagia's residence was surrounded by between six and ten Subaru vehicles," narrated LSK, adding, "A report was filed at Kinoo Police Station, and an inventory of seized items including laptops, passports, and electronic devices was submitted."

On Thursday, June 19, an X account associated with Kinyagia published a program for the upcoming Gen Z commemoration protests scheduled for Wednesday, June 25.

The listed events would take only six hours and included a controversial proposal for a march to State House and swearing-in of a transitional council, which has been interpreted as a call for the overthrow of the government.

While the reason for the raid at Kinyagia's residence remains unclear, LSK has termed it as a violation of the advocate's rights, adding that it goes against the principles of the rule of law.

"We are demanding immediate and transparent action from the authorities. We call on any individual with relevant information, no matter how small, to come forward.

Share this story
Sevilla coach Almeyda banned for seven games after clash with referee
Sevilla coach Matias Almeyda has been banned for seven matches after his red card last weekend during a La Liga draw with Alaves.
All World Cup matches sold out, says FIFA's Infantino
All 104 matches of the 2026 World Cup will be "sold out," FIFA president Gianni Infantino says, even though tickets are still available ahead of the June 11 kickoff.
Bodo-Glimt stun Inter, Gordon hits four in Newcastle Champions League romp
Norway's Bodo/Glimt stunned Inter Milan in the Champions League, beating last season's runners-up 3-1 in the first leg of their knockout phase play-off tie
Kenyan esports star Kappa lands a professional deal in Morocco
The top two players in eBotola League will earn direct qualification to the Esports World Cup in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, scheduled for July 2026.
Arteta urges Arsenal to 'stand up' after title bid rocked by Wolves draw
Mikel Arteta admitted Arsenal deserve criticism for the self-inflicted wounds that threaten to ruin their Premier League title bid after the leaders blew a two-goal lead
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS