Embakasi woman alleges gang-rape by boyfriend, two other men

Nairobi
By Kamore Maina | Oct 05, 2022
The woman said she was gang-raped at Tassia in Nairobi County. [Courtesy]

An 18-year-old woman from Embakasi, Nairobi was allegedly gang-raped by her boyfriend and two other men on Tuesday evening.

The victim, in her report filed at the Embakasi Police Station, said she met her partner at Taj Mall on Outering Road at 7pm.

She claims her boyfriend, who was with two other men, stupefied her and took her to an unknown house in Tassia, where she was allegedly gang-raped.

"Yesterday (Tuesday, October 4), my boyfriend called me during the day and asked if I could meet him in the evening. I agreed. In the afternoon, I went to the salon to make my hair. At around 7pm, I went to Taj Mall to meet him. He was with two other men," said the complainant.

She claims her boyfriend used date rape drug on her, and thereafter took her to a house in Tassia, where she was sexually assaulted by her partner and his two accomplices.

She recounts being taken to the scene in a matatu.

"I woke up in the strange house this morning (Wednesday, October 5). My boyfriend and the two men had already left. I examined myself and discovered I had been sexually penetrated," said the teenager.

She said she, thereafter, went to the Embakasi Police Station to file a report.

Police took her to a local medical facility, where she was advised to seek examination from the Nairobi Women's Hospital.

Embakasi Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) detectives told The Standard that they are pursuing the woman's boyfriend, said to be in his late twenties, and his accomplices.

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS