World tennis star welcomes first child as wife gives birth to baby girl

Sports
By Mirror | Feb 09, 2016

British No.1 Andy Murray has welcomed his first child as his wife Kim gave birth to a baby girl on February 9.

The birth was confirmed by the BBC on Tuesday morning with fans taking to social media to send their well wishes.

Murray left tennis fans around the world teary eyed with an emotional message to Kim after finishing runner-up in the Australian Open last month.

At the end of his speech after he was he was presented with his second place shield shield, he said: "And finally to my wife Kim, who I am sure is going to be watching back home.

"You have been a legend the last two weeks and I will be on the next flight home."

Murray acknowledged that the trip to Australia had some at an emotional time for him and said: “To my team, sorry I didn’t get it done tonight, it’s been a tough few weeks for me away from the court, and I thank you all for your support.

"It’s very, very tough for me right now but I do appreciate playing in front of all you people. Amazing atmosphere."

Murray will be aiming to be back in action for the French Open in May, the net Grand Slam event.

The Scotsman has never made the Roland Garros final - the only major where he has not made the final two.

Share this story
Emery urges Villa to use Europa triumph to fuel bold new era
Unai Emery urged Aston Villa to use their historic Europa League final triumph against Freiburg as the foundation for an "ambitious" new era.
DR Congo cancel World Cup training in Kinshasa amid Ebola outbreak
The Democratic Republic of Congo team have cancelled a planned pre-World Cup training camp at home after the country was hit by an Ebola outbreak
For Arsenal, the time is right and the Lord has made it happen
When Patrick Paul Vieira lifted Arsenal’s English Premier League trophy in 2004, petrol in Kenya was retailing at Sh64.99, Diesel was Sh51.60, while kerosene went for Sh38.19.
Julius Yego's exit beckons after his last African show in Ghana
The 37-year-old javelin star is set for his last World Championships and Olympics next year and 2028 respectively.
It's fresh faces and familiar rivals as Stars prepare for 2027 Afcon
Coach McCarthy has named five new faces in Harambee Stars squad.Kenya to face South Africa, Guinea and Eritrea in 2027 Afcon qualifiers.,
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS