WWE star Paige fuels rumours that she has separated from fiancé and fellow wrestler Del Rio

Gossip & Rumours
By Mirror | Nov 12, 2017
Alberto Del Rio and Paige

British WWE superstar Paige has suggested she has split up with her fiancé Alberto Del Rio in a Snapchat video.

The 25-year-old has had a turbulent relationship with the Mexican wrestler, with claims of domestic violence taking place at an airport.

It came after she suffered a leaked sex tape scandal when explicit pictures and footage of her was stolen and shared online.

Paige’s friend Jenna posted a clip on Thursday night in which the WWE star says “this is why I’m single” while joking about a kissing couple.

Del Rio, 40, and Paige were known for making frequent public declaration of their love for each other, including her in-ring wedding proposal.

But these ended after an Orlando International Airport incident involving police and now seemingly they have broken off their engagement.

Del Rio, who now competes as Alberto El Patron in Impact Wrestling, was suspended by the company in July and stripped of its world title.He returned to action at Bound for Glory on Sunday night, when he interfered in the main event and referenced the domestic abuse charges.

The former WWE world champion cut a promo in which he said backstage officials praised him upon his debut for Impact Wrestling earlier this year.

But he said they then betrayed him by “believing all the crap” and suspending him without him pay while he was under investigation by police.

The third generation wresler said: "I didn’t do anything, but they still suspended me. They stopped paying me! They took my title away from me.”

He added: “This place, they didn’t care about my family. They didn’t care about my three little babies... They didn’t care.

Developing a storyline based on what happened, he then complained about nobody at Impact contacting him after he was cleared.

Del Rio - real name Jose Alberto Rodriguez - recently suggested Paige's return to WWE after a long absence was imminent.

"It's gonna happen pretty soon" he told TMZ Sports.

"Probably days away from going back to WWE."

Paige tweeted a photo from WWE's Performance Center in Orlando, Florida in September and has been readying herself for a comeback.

The two-time Divas champion hasn't wrestled since the June 27, 2016, edition of Raw, due to a series of issues in and out of the ring.P

aige received a 30-day suspension for a wellness violation in August 2016 and earned a 60-day suspension for a second violation two months later.

In October 2016, she confirmed she underwent neck surgery, which forced her to endure an extended spell on the sidelines.

Then in March explicit photos of the grappler, from Norwich, England, were stolen and shared online without her consent.

Paige, real name Saraya-Jade Bevis, also appeared to feature in a sex tape that seemingly included two male wrestlers.

In June, Del Rio defended his fiancee and told the Mirror that he had enlisted detectives and the FBI to catch those responsible

The following month, after the alleged domestic violence incident, Paige tweeted that it was not her who was attacked.

She insisted she and her fiancé had been asked for a picture at a bad time, having found out her uncle is in hospital.

Share this story
It's fresh faces and familiar rivals as Stars prepare for 2027 Afcon
Coach McCarthy has named five new faces in Harambee Stars squad.Kenya to face South Africa, Guinea and Eritrea in 2027 Afcon qualifiers.,
SportPesa Premier League: APS Bomet edge Bandari to ease relegation fears
The win eased off relegation fears APS Bomet have been battling for the better part of their debut season in the Premier League.
Experienced Okello, Chajira named in Kenya Lionesses squad for Rugby Africa Cup
Kenya Lionesses have named an experienced squad featuring Janet Okello and Sheila Chajira for the Rugby Africa Cup as they aim to improve on their previous runner-up finish.
McCarthy set for emotional South Africa reunion after AFCON Draw
Harambee Stars coach Benni McCarthy is preparing for an emotional clash against his home country after Kenya was drawn with South Africa in the 2027 Afcon qualifiers.
Junior Starlets gear up for World Cup qualifier encounter against Uganda
Junior Starlets have set their sights on a crucial away win over Uganda’s Teen Cranes as they aim to secure their return to the global stage.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS