Rey Mysterio receives death threats following his flying kick that killed a Mexican wrestler

Gossip & Rumours
By Game Yetu | Mar 24, 2015
Rey Mysterio Jr. receives death threats

Rey Mysterio has reportedly received death threats in Mexico due to the tragic freak accident that took the life of Perro Aguayo, Jr., according to Wrestling Inc.

One of which, used social media to share pictures of a man with a gun accompanying a message reportedly threatening to kill the former WWE star Rey Mysterio.

Due to the in-ring accident, Mysterio was the single most-searched term on the Internet for Saturday. Some people on twitter think that Mysterio could be in some way responsible for the death of Aguayo, but that hasn’t been confirmed or reported either.

The flamboyant world of Mexican wrestling reeled in shock on Monday as the tragic death of a star fighter sparked a debate about safety in the beloved national pastime.

Pedro Aguayo Ramirez, known as "Hijo del Perro Aguayo" (Son of the Dog Aguayo), collapsed and hung over the middle rope late Friday after receiving two feet to the upper body from Oscar Gutierrez, "Rey Misterio Jr" in the lucha libre bout.

It took almost two minutes for the fight to stop and for Aguayo, 35, to get medical attention at the arena in the northwestern border city of Tijuana. Medics said they had been treating three other people in the dressing room.

He was taken to a hospital, where he arrived alive and died early Saturday after doctors tried for 90 minutes to revive him, the Baja California state prosecutor's office said. He died of neck trauma.

Prosecutors spokesman Jose Manuel Yepiz told AFP that the death may be treated as manslaughter but that investigators have yet to make a decision. Gutierrez will be asked to give a statement to prosecutors.

Rey Misterio mourns -

Meanwhile, videos of the deadly match have gone viral online and are already being sold as pirated DVDs in Mexican markets.

"Mexican lucha libre is in mourning over the death of one of its star talents," the AAA association said in a statement.

Gutierrez lamented his ring rival's death, saying they had forged a "friendship of brothers that began years ago."

"But in this occasion, I ask myself why and I don't understand. I will miss you and will take you with me for the rest of my life, rest in peace Hijo del Perro," he wrote on Twitter.

 

Share this story
Under-20 talents to face off in battle for tickets to world event in Eugene
The World Under-20 Championships is set for August 5-9 in Eugene.
Over 2,500 players to battle it out in Duracoat Golf Masters Series
The Duracoat Golf Masters series 2026 will be played at 12 venues before the grand finale that will be staged at Mount Kipipiri at the end of the year. 
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS