Football stakeholders call for formation of Normalisation Committee and elections

Football
By Standard Sports | Jan 08, 2023

A section of Kenyan football stakeholders has reiterated the call for the formation of a Normalisation Committee to help in solving the issues in the game.

Addressing the press in Nairobi after yesterday's Kenya football stakeholders' forum that consisted of club officials, former administrators and retired players, they accused the current Football Kenya Federation leadership of stagnating the growth of the beautiful game in the country.

This comes barely a month after world football governing body, Fifa, lifted the ban it had imposed on FKF due to government interference.

"Football has been in a very bad state for the past years, the current football leadership has failed the country and has no business being at the helm. Kenyan football needs a total overhaul in management structures," the stakeholders said in a statement.

The event was graced by former Kenyan internationals John 'Shoto' Lukoye, Dennis Oliech, George Waweru and Victor Onyango.

Also present was football administrator/coach Eugene Masbayi, Athanus Obango (administrator), Hans Giteru (coach), Edward Mnandi (coach) and Ken Odera (coach).

And with a Fifa-CAF delegation set to visit the country this week in order to define the next steps for the federation and to also meet with Sports Cabinet Secretary Ababu Namwamba, the stakeholders have proposed a raft of measures to be undertaken by both the government and Fifa.

"We propose the formation of a normalisation committee to undertake the first steps of resuscitating football as previously done by similar missions by Fifa to the country," they said. "This committee must include all stakeholders including the government. The committee should be tasked with coming out with a road map that will lead to fresh FKF elections.

"That Fifa conducts a forensic audit of funds they have been disbursing to FKF for the last four years." [Standard Reporter]

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS