Ronaldo breaks silence after Manchester United confirmed that they had terminated his contract

Football
By Charles Odero | Nov 22, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo, center, scratches his head during a Portugal soccer team training in Oeiras, outside Lisbon, Monday, Nov. 14, 2022. Portugal will play Nigeria Thursday in a friendly match in Lisbon before departing to Qatar on Friday for the World Cup. (AP Photo/Armando Franca)

Cristiano Ronaldo has released an official statement following his contract being mutually terminated by Manchester United.

Ronaldo released an explosive interview with TV presenter and journalist Morgan last week, where he claimed that he felt "betrayed" by the club and that he had no respect for Ten Hag.

The 37 year-old also said that he felt people at the club were trying to force him out and that United showed a lack of empathy when he daughter was in hospital ill.

The club responded by saying they had "initiated appropriate steps" against Ronaldo and that has now ended with his departure from the United.

United in their official statement said; "Cristiano Ronaldo is to leave Manchester United by mutual agreement, with immediate effect. The club thanks him for his immense contribution across two spells at Old Trafford, scoring 145 goals in 346 appearances, and wishes him and his family well for the future."

But in a quick rejoinder, Ronaldo also issued his own statement which read: "Following talks with Manchester United, we've mutually agreed to end our contract. I love Manchester United and I love the fans, that will never ever change.

"It feels like the right time to seek a new challenge.

"I wish Man Utd all the best."

Share this story
Arteta urges Arsenal to seize destiny in crucial Spurs showdown
Mikel Arteta has urged Arsenal F.C. to “write their own destiny” in the north London derby against Tottenham Hotspur F.C. after slipping in the Premier League title race.
Title-hungry Leopards seek to bounce back to winning ways
AFC Leopards will be aiming to return to winning form this weekend as the SportPesa Premier League resumes with a decisive round of fixtures.
Magical Kenya Open: Jastas Madoya reveals what fuels his passion for golf
The spiritual player advises young people to cultivate discipline if they want to reach the lofty heights of playing in the MKO in future.
NOC-K signs strategic MoU with Japanese Olympic Committee
The deal aims at strengthening high-performance systems, athlete development, sports science collaboration, and leadership education between Kenya and Japan.
Youthful Kinoti Kiara crowned African fencing champion
Kiara beat Egypt’s Hamza H. Abuhalwa, Mohamed El Bounjaimi of Morocco and Togo’s Ilan Tchaa Arou to the continental title.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS