Manchester United unveil new signing Eriksen

Football
By Mike Kihaki | Jul 29, 2022
Christian Eriksen [Manchester United /Twitter]

Manchester United have unveiled Christian Eriksen as their second signing of the summer on a free transfer.

The 30-year-old, who was close to death after suffering a heart attack in the European Championships last summer, returned to football at the start of 2022 with Brentford and after a successful spell in southwest London, he has agreed a three-year deal to play at Old Trafford.

Speaking to the club's website, Eriksen said the arrival of Erik ten Hag as first team coach had been a factor in his decision.

"I think from my career path before the incident in the Euros, the plan wasn't to go back to the UK at all," said Eriksen.

"I was at Spurs (Tottenham) and then went to Italy (Inter Milan), but now to sit here is something that I didn't expect, but I'm also very happy that I'm here. It feels good to be here," he added.

The talented midfielder said he hadn't just come to the club "for the logo," insisting "I want to come here and play."

"Obviously to speak with the manager (Ten Hag) and hear his ideas and have conversations with him on the football terms was great and ideal for me to get the decision and the possibility of coming to Manchester United."

"I'm a guy who wants to play football and I think with the idea of the manager coming in, I could see myself playing football in Manchester," he explained.

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS