Former head of referees given lifetime ban for sexual harassment, fined Sh12 million

Football
By Reuters | Jul 24, 2021
[Courtesy]

The former Head of Referees at Haiti's football federation (FHF), Rosnick Grant, has been banned from the sport for life after being found guilty of abusing his position and sexual harassment, world football's governing body FIFA said on Friday.

FIFA also said they had imposed a 100,000 Swiss franc (Sh12 million) fine on the official.

Grant, a former international referee, was provisionally suspended from all football-related activities in February - a ban which was extended in June - pending the investigation into his conduct.

"The adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee has found Mr Rosnick Grant guilty of having abused his position, as well as of having committed acts of sexual harassment and abuse, including coercion and threats, in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics," a FIFA statement read.

"In its decision, the adjudicatory chamber found that Mr Grant had breached art. 23 (Protection of physical and mental integrity) and art. 25 (Abuse of position) of the FIFA Code of Ethics."

Former FHF president Yves Jean-Bart was banned from all football-related activities in November last year after FIFA found him guilty of sexually harassing and abusing multiple female players, including minors. He denied the allegations.

Women's Under-20 national team supervisor Nella Joseph was also given a 10 year ban in May as part of the investigation.

Grant could not be immediately reached through Haiti's football association for comment.

Share this story
Veteran goalkeeper Neuer recalled to aid Germany World Cup bid
Veteran goalkeeper Manuel Neuer was handed a surprise recall to Germany's 26-man World Cup squad, coming out of international retirement to play in the tournament for a fifth time.
Emery urges Villa to use Europa triumph to fuel bold new era
Unai Emery urged Aston Villa to use their historic Europa League final triumph against Freiburg as the foundation for an "ambitious" new era.
DR Congo cancel World Cup training in Kinshasa amid Ebola outbreak
The Democratic Republic of Congo team have cancelled a planned pre-World Cup training camp at home after the country was hit by an Ebola outbreak
For Arsenal, the time is right and the Lord has made it happen
When Patrick Paul Vieira lifted Arsenal’s English Premier League trophy in 2004, petrol in Kenya was retailing at Sh64.99, Diesel was Sh51.60, while kerosene went for Sh38.19.
Julius Yego's exit beckons after his last African show in Ghana
The 37-year-old javelin star is set for his last World Championships and Olympics next year and 2028 respectively.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS