Former head of referees given lifetime ban for sexual harassment, fined Sh12 million

Football
By Reuters | Jul 24, 2021
[Courtesy]

The former Head of Referees at Haiti's football federation (FHF), Rosnick Grant, has been banned from the sport for life after being found guilty of abusing his position and sexual harassment, world football's governing body FIFA said on Friday.

FIFA also said they had imposed a 100,000 Swiss franc (Sh12 million) fine on the official.

Grant, a former international referee, was provisionally suspended from all football-related activities in February - a ban which was extended in June - pending the investigation into his conduct.

"The adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee has found Mr Rosnick Grant guilty of having abused his position, as well as of having committed acts of sexual harassment and abuse, including coercion and threats, in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics," a FIFA statement read.

"In its decision, the adjudicatory chamber found that Mr Grant had breached art. 23 (Protection of physical and mental integrity) and art. 25 (Abuse of position) of the FIFA Code of Ethics."

Former FHF president Yves Jean-Bart was banned from all football-related activities in November last year after FIFA found him guilty of sexually harassing and abusing multiple female players, including minors. He denied the allegations.

Women's Under-20 national team supervisor Nella Joseph was also given a 10 year ban in May as part of the investigation.

Grant could not be immediately reached through Haiti's football association for comment.

Share this story
It's fresh faces and familiar rivals as Stars prepare for 2027 Afcon
Coach McCarthy has named five new faces in Harambee Stars squad.Kenya to face South Africa, Guinea and Eritrea in 2027 Afcon qualifiers.,
SportPesa Premier League: APS Bomet edge Bandari to ease relegation fears
The win eased off relegation fears APS Bomet have been battling for the better part of their debut season in the Premier League.
Experienced Okello, Chajira named in Kenya Lionesses squad for Rugby Africa Cup
Kenya Lionesses have named an experienced squad featuring Janet Okello and Sheila Chajira for the Rugby Africa Cup as they aim to improve on their previous runner-up finish.
McCarthy set for emotional South Africa reunion after AFCON Draw
Harambee Stars coach Benni McCarthy is preparing for an emotional clash against his home country after Kenya was drawn with South Africa in the 2027 Afcon qualifiers.
Junior Starlets gear up for World Cup qualifier encounter against Uganda
Junior Starlets have set their sights on a crucial away win over Uganda’s Teen Cranes as they aim to secure their return to the global stage.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS