England legend reveals he punched and headbutted his dead dad's body in revenge

Football
By Mirror | Feb 09, 2021
In this Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011 file photo, Paul Gascoigne, is seen in the stands ahead of the English Premier League soccer match between Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspurs at St James' Park, Newcastle, England. (AP Photo/Scott Heppell, File)

Paul Gascoigne has revealed that he punched and headbutted his father's dead body as a way of revenge.

John Gascoigne died from cancer in 2018 and the former England star did not react well to his passing.

"When it was just me and him in the hospital bed and he passed away, I f****** jumped on the bed and punched him," the 53-year-old told the James English podcast via The Sun.

"I headbutted and punched him and got my own back from when I was younger. Then I just laid there and hugged him for 45 minutes."

Gascoigne admits he and his father were close and he enjoyed taking him around the world so that he could watch him play.

His playing career saw him play in England, Scotland and Italy while he travelled the globe playing for the Three Lions.

"I loved to take him around the world with me when I played," he said.

Gascoigne has revealed that he punched and headbutted his father's dead body as a way of exacting revenge [Courtesy]

"At the moment I'm alright, but I'll be thinking of it, the good times I had – I probably had more good times than bad times.

"I must have bought my dad about 80 cars and 18 boats and houses. I got divorced and gave a lot of money to my family. I spent a lot on houses, buying and renting different places."

Gascoigne has also admitted that he's quit social media after becoming addicted to the various platforms.

He said: “I got addicted and kept on looking at it.

“I’m just trying to enjoy life as much as possible and make the most of what I’ve got.”

He has previously suffered with drug and alcohol abuse in the past, but says he is feeling positive about the future.

He added: “I know I’m happier when I’m not drinking. I can sometimes be a sad drunk.

“Last year, not just me but the whole country was struggling with regards to work, but I’ve got work coming back. I’m just staying on the right track.”

Share this story
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
Kenyans now shift focus to Commonwealth Games after shining at Africa meet in Accra
After an overall second place in the continent at the 24th African Senior Athletics Championships, Kenyan stars have firmly set their sights on the Commonwealth Games in July.
New motorsports body up and running with autocross action at Stoni Athi
There was jubilation as fans welcomed the recognition of Motorsports Kenya Federation by the government as the official and legitimate motorsport governing body in the country.
Fight for survival now down to one team as Bidco, Sofapaka relegated
The battle to survive relegation in the SportPesa Premier League is set for a tense finish with five clubs still fighting to avoid joining Bidco United and Sofapaka in the National Super League.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS