Arteta furious after Arsenal training ground bust-up leaked to media

Football
By Reuters | Nov 21, 2020
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta says there will be "consequences" for the mole who leaked the reported training ground bust-up between Dani Ceballos and David Luiz

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta may have improved the club's defence to concede fewer goals but he now has the task of plugging a leak at his club after a clash between team mates in training was reported by the media in vivid detail.

British media reports said defender David Luiz and midfielder Dani Ceballos had clashed in a training session following a late challenge earlier this week, with Luiz drawing blood after hitting Ceballos in the face.

While Ceballos took to Twitter to say the story was "fake", Arteta said the incident had been resolved but the Spanish boss' bigger concern was how the story was leaked.

"I don't like the fact that that incident comes out at all," Arteta told reporters ahead of Sunday's Premier League match at Leeds United.

"I will find out where it is coming from and if that is the case, that goes completely against what I expect from each other, the privacy and the confidentiality that we need. There will be consequences.

"It's a contact sport... Training is very competitive and issues happen a lot of the time."

Ceballos, who is on loan from Real Madrid for a second season, has been involved in an altercation with a team mate before when he got into a scuffle with Eddie Nketiah during a warm-up session ahead of a match against Fulham in September.

However, the two made up and were all smiles when Ceballos posted an image with the 21-year-old striker after the match with the caption: "No problems here my brother."

Share this story
Experienced Okello, Chajira named in Kenya Lionesses squad for Rugby Africa Cup
Kenya Lionesses have named an experienced squad featuring Janet Okello and Sheila Chajira for the Rugby Africa Cup as they aim to improve on their previous runner-up finish.
McCarthy set for emotional South Africa reunion after AFCON Draw
Harambee Stars coach Benni McCarthy is preparing for an emotional clash against his home country after Kenya was drawn with South Africa in the 2027 Afcon qualifiers.
Junior Starlets gear up for World Cup qualifier encounter against Uganda
Junior Starlets have set their sights on a crucial away win over Uganda’s Teen Cranes as they aim to secure their return to the global stage.
Under-20 talents to face off in battle for tickets to world event in Eugene
The World Under-20 Championships is set for August 5-9 in Eugene.
Over 2,500 players to battle it out in Duracoat Golf Masters Series
The Duracoat Golf Masters series 2026 will be played at 12 venues before the grand finale that will be staged at Mount Kipipiri at the end of the year. 
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS