Ronaldo confirms his mother is in stable condition after being admitted to hospital

Football
By Mirror | Mar 03, 2020
Ronaldo Says Mom Dolores is in stable condition after Hospitalization

Cristiano Ronaldo has confirmed his mum is stable after suffering a stroke.

The Juventus striker flew home to the island of Madeira to be with his mother on Tuesday after she was admitted to Dr Nelio Mendonca Hospital.

On Tuesday evening the five-time Ballon d'Or winner tweeted: "Thank you for all your messages of support for my mum. She is currently stable and recovering in hospital.

"Me and my family would like to thank the medical team looking after her, and kindly ask that we are all given some privacy at this time."

Ronaldo's mother Dolores previously beat breast cancer after she was diagnosed with the disease in 2007.

Thank you for all your messages of support for my mum. She is currently stable and recovering in hospital. Me and my family would like to thank the medical team looking after her, and kindly ask that we are all given some privacy at this time. — Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) March 3, 2020

Dolores is believed to have suffered an ischemic stroke, which is the most common type.

Ronaldo's former team Sporting Lisbon, of who Dolores is the ambassador of the club's foundation, sent the 65-year-old well wishes.

A club statement said: "Sporting Clube de Portugal wishes Dolores Aveiro all the best and wishes she makes a speedy recovery."

Ronaldo's mother Dolores previously beat breast cancer after she was diagnosed with the disease in 2007.

And in February last year, ahead of flying to Italy to celebrate Ronaldo's 35th birthday, Dolores admitted to new health problems.

She told a Portuguese TV station: "I was operated on another breast in Madrid, I've had radiotherapy and now I'm fighting for my life."

Share this story
McCarthy set for emotional South Africa reunion after AFCON Draw
Harambee Stars coach Benni McCarthy is preparing for an emotional clash against his home country after Kenya was drawn with South Africa in the 2027 Afcon qualifiers.
Junior Starlets gear up for World Cup qualifier encounter against Uganda
Junior Starlets have set their sights on a crucial away win over Uganda’s Teen Cranes as they aim to secure their return to the global stage.
Under-20 talents to face off in battle for tickets to world event in Eugene
The World Under-20 Championships is set for August 5-9 in Eugene.
Over 2,500 players to battle it out in Duracoat Golf Masters Series
The Duracoat Golf Masters series 2026 will be played at 12 venues before the grand finale that will be staged at Mount Kipipiri at the end of the year. 
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS