PSG consider legal action against ex-Man United man Evra

Football
By Mirror | Mar 20, 2019
Former Man United man Patrice Evra [Courtesy]

Angry Paris Saint-Germain are said to be considering possible legal action against Patrice Evra.

The French champions believe there could be avenues to pursue after the full-back's latest bizarre social media performances.

PSG are ticked off by the Frenchman's reaction to the club's Champions League exit.

Evra refused to hold back in the stands as Marcus Rashford's penalty for his former club Manchester United sent them packing.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side had entered the last 16 tie trailing 2-0, but staged a stunning second-leg fightback to triumph 3-1.

Evra's former Monaco team-mate Jerome Rothen accused him of a "lack of respect" - and he responded by threatening to "slap" him.

Things took a strange turn when he returned to England and filmed himself in a taxi.

"Stop supporting teams who will never win," he shouted before putting the footage online.

"Even my cousin who is in the front is p****d off. Paris, you are some f****ts, some f****ts, I'm telling you.

"We (United) put out our D team and we did you. Some kids played -- they used to clean my boots. They don't even have sperm. Paris, you are some p***ies."

Evra then told Rothen: "I will f*****g slap you in the face."

His odd rant didn't go down well and sources have told ESPN that lawyers have been consulted. It is unclear on what grounds they think they can sue the star on.

PSG were said to be livid with the 37-year-old's behaviour at the Parc des Princes as the former France captain celebrated his old club's success.

It's not the first time he has caused controversy on Instagram.

Back in November, he uploaded a minute-long clip of himself licking, chewing, hitting and sprinkling salt on the uncooked chicken.

The left-back previously played in France for Marseille but was released after picking up a ban for kicking a supporter before a Europa League game.

Share this story
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
Kenyans now shift focus to Commonwealth Games after shining at Africa meet in Accra
After an overall second place in the continent at the 24th African Senior Athletics Championships, Kenyan stars have firmly set their sights on the Commonwealth Games in July.
New motorsports body up and running with autocross action at Stoni Athi
There was jubilation as fans welcomed the recognition of Motorsports Kenya Federation by the government as the official and legitimate motorsport governing body in the country.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS