Manchester United made £145million Neymar bid last summer
Football
By
Mirror
| Feb 05, 2016
Manchester United made a colossal £145million bid for Neymar last summer.
That is the claim made by the Brazilian's father, who says the Red Devils were prepared to pay a world-record fee for his son's services before this season.
Neymar Snr said earlier this week that one side had attempted to activate the forward's Barcelona buyout clause.
He now insists that that club was Manchester United, who have long been linked with a move for the former Santos star.
“Manchester United is the team that offered €190million for Neymar ," Neymar Snr told Spanish radio stadiom COPE.
READ MORE
Ngugi wa Thiong'o and the African literary revolution
Tanzania doctor describes bodies taken from morgue as fresh protests loom
"He has still two years left on his contract but you can all be calm as my son is so happy here."