Manchester United made £145million Neymar bid last summer

Football
By Mirror | Feb 05, 2016
Neymar jr

Manchester United made a colossal £145million bid for Neymar last summer.

That is the claim made by the Brazilian's father, who says the Red Devils were prepared to pay a world-record fee for his son's services before this season.

Neymar Snr said earlier this week that one side had attempted to activate the forward's Barcelona buyout clause.

He now insists that that club was Manchester United, who have long been linked with a move for the former Santos star.

“Manchester United is the team that offered €190million for Neymar ," Neymar Snr told Spanish radio stadiom COPE.

"He has still two years left on his contract but you can all be calm as my son is so happy here."

Share this story
Pep Guardiola to leave Man City at the end of the season - reports
Pep Guardiola is set to bring his trophy-laden decade in charge of Manchester City to an end this weekend.
Arsenal on the brink of Premier League title after nervy Burnley win
Arsenal are on the brink of ending a 22-year wait to win the Premier League after beating Burnley 1-0 on Monday, opening up a five-point lead at the top.
Kirimi powers to glory at VetLab Club event
Ericv Karimi is the overall winner of the eighth and final leg of the Kengen golf tournament series. 
Strathmore Swords bounce back to slice Eldonets in league battle
Strathmore University Swords bounced back from Saturday’s defeat to edge out Eldonets 67-64 in a Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) Women’s Premier League match on Sunday.
K'Ogalo silence Muranga Seal to move one win away from title
Record league champions Gor Mahia moved to within one win of another league title after beating Murang’a Seal 3-1 in a crucial SportPesa Premier League match on Sunday.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS