Harry Arter dedicates Bournemouth's victory over Utd to his family after daughter's death

Football
By Mirror | Dec 13, 2015

Harry Arter has dedicated Bournemouth's victory over Manchester United on Saturday to his family.

Arter and his partner were struck by tragedy in midweek when his baby daughter died at birth.

Cherries boss Eddie Howe was unsure whether to pick him, but said after chatting with the midfielder he was in no doubt he was in the right frame of mind to play.

He started the match, and played 86 minutes before being substituted while visibly emotional at a booking he had been given by the referee.

Republic of Ireland international Arter thanked his family and everyone at Dean Court for their support over a very difficult period.

"I just felt coming in and trying to take my mind off things would make it a bit easier. My family would want me to play," Arter told the Bournemouth website.

"While people maybe grieve in their own way, I found it easier to come in and play and try and do everyone proud.

"I said before the game that one reason I wanted to play was to dedicate the game to everyone associated with my family - my family that are here and not here.

"The support of everyone at the club is why I felt like I wanted to play as well.

"They have been unbelievable for me this week and made things a tad easier. I am sure my partner at home will be really proud too. It's a game that we can look back on with a lot of pride."

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS