Keane has been questioned by police over an alleged road rage bust-up

Football
By Mirror | Feb 19, 2015

The former United captain is claimed to have jumped out of his car at traffic lights in Altrincham and launched into a foul-mouthed tirade after being told to ‘smile’ by the cabbie, report the Manchester Evening News.

Fateh Kerar, 44, reported the incident to police after being left ‘terrified’ and ‘shaken’ by the outburst.

Greater Manchester Police have now confirmed that Keane, 43, was interviewed under caution at a police station earlier this month on February 3.

The Crown Prosecution Service is expected to make a decision over whether to charge the Republic of Ireland assistant manager in the coming weeks.

Mr Kerar, from Altrincham, claimed the alleged row on Ashley Lane in the town on January 30 was triggered when he and his passenger noticed Keane parked in his Range Rover in leafy Hale.

He said: “We were both saying ‘that’s Roy Keane’ but he was just glaring back at us, looking really angry. I said ‘hello’ to him, then said ‘smile’.

“He drove behind us going into Altrincham and as we got to the traffic lights, he stopped beside us and turned to us still looking really angry.

“He got out of his car in the middle of the road, held two fingers up and walked out in front of me.

“He was pointing and swearing and being very aggressive. There were lots of people stood around who couldn’t believe what they were seeing”

Passenger Hothan Isman, 38, said: “He was staring aggressively at the driver - I was saying ‘wow, he’s really staring at you’. He would turn away then turn back and keep staring.

Share this story
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
Kenyans now shift focus to Commonwealth Games after shining at Africa meet in Accra
After an overall second place in the continent at the 24th African Senior Athletics Championships, Kenyan stars have firmly set their sights on the Commonwealth Games in July.
New motorsports body up and running with autocross action at Stoni Athi
There was jubilation as fans welcomed the recognition of Motorsports Kenya Federation by the government as the official and legitimate motorsport governing body in the country.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS