Manchester City's Carlos Tevez banned from driving

Football
By - | Jan 16, 2013

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has been banned from driving for six months after failing to respond to police letters about speeding.

Tevez, 28, denies he was driving when his car was clocked speeding.

He said he did not recognise letters about the offences were from police as he did not recognise the word "constabulary".

The Argentinian admitted two offences of failing to give police information at Manchester Magistrates' Court.

He was also ordered to pay fines and costs of £1,540.

The striker, who did not attend the hearing in person, admitted not having a proper UK driving licence but said he was not driving when his car was caught speeding.

In September 2011 he was fined £60 and received three penalty points on his licence after admitting speeding in his Bentley.

Oldham Magistrates' Court heard he was caught driving at 38mph in a 30mph zone in Stretford.

At an earlier hearing Tevez had been charged with failing to respond to the penalty notice, which he claimed he had not seen, but the charge was dropped after he admitted the offence.

- BBC


 

Share this story
Arteta urges Arsenal to seize destiny in crucial Spurs showdown
Mikel Arteta has urged Arsenal F.C. to “write their own destiny” in the north London derby against Tottenham Hotspur F.C. after slipping in the Premier League title race.
Title-hungry Leopards seek to bounce back to winning ways
AFC Leopards will be aiming to return to winning form this weekend as the SportPesa Premier League resumes with a decisive round of fixtures.
Magical Kenya Open: Jastas Madoya reveals what fuels his passion for golf
The spiritual player advises young people to cultivate discipline if they want to reach the lofty heights of playing in the MKO in future.
NOC-K signs strategic MoU with Japanese Olympic Committee
The deal aims at strengthening high-performance systems, athlete development, sports science collaboration, and leadership education between Kenya and Japan.
Youthful Kinoti Kiara crowned African fencing champion
Kiara beat Egypt’s Hamza H. Abuhalwa, Mohamed El Bounjaimi of Morocco and Togo’s Ilan Tchaa Arou to the continental title.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS