Manchester City's Carlos Tevez banned from driving

Football
By - | Jan 16, 2013

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has been banned from driving for six months after failing to respond to police letters about speeding.

Tevez, 28, denies he was driving when his car was clocked speeding.

He said he did not recognise letters about the offences were from police as he did not recognise the word "constabulary".

The Argentinian admitted two offences of failing to give police information at Manchester Magistrates' Court.

He was also ordered to pay fines and costs of £1,540.

The striker, who did not attend the hearing in person, admitted not having a proper UK driving licence but said he was not driving when his car was caught speeding.

In September 2011 he was fined £60 and received three penalty points on his licence after admitting speeding in his Bentley.

Oldham Magistrates' Court heard he was caught driving at 38mph in a 30mph zone in Stretford.

At an earlier hearing Tevez had been charged with failing to respond to the penalty notice, which he claimed he had not seen, but the charge was dropped after he admitted the offence.

- BBC


 

Share this story
Kirimi powers to glory at VetLab Club event
Ericv Karimi is the overall winner of the eighth and final leg of the Kengen golf tournament series. 
Strathmore Swords bounce back to slice Eldonets in league battle
Strathmore University Swords bounced back from Saturday’s defeat to edge out Eldonets 67-64 in a Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) Women’s Premier League match on Sunday.
K'Ogalo silence Muranga Seal to move one win away from title
Record league champions Gor Mahia moved to within one win of another league title after beating Murang’a Seal 3-1 in a crucial SportPesa Premier League match on Sunday.
African stars in Europe: Antoine Semenyo wins it for City
Antoine Semenyo produced one of the great FA Cup final goals with an audacious back-flick that sealed a 1-0 win for Manchester City over Chelsea in the FA Cup final at the weekend.
Mixed results for top boxers as Police, KDF lead after first leg
Defending champions Kenya Police and Kenya Defence Forces shared the lead after the opening leg of the National Boxing League in Nakuru, as several top boxers suffered surprise defeats.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS