Egypt launches initiative to treat 1000 Palestinian children injured in Israel-Hamas conflict
Africa
By
Xinhua
| Nov 30, 2023
The Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population launched on Wednesday an initiative to treat 1,000 Palestinian children injured during the Israel-Hamas conflict in the Gaza Strip.
The initiative was launched in cooperation with Terous Misr Foundation for Development, an Egyptian NGO, and Nestle Egypt, a food giant, the ministry said in a statement.
The initiative, which comes within the framework of coordination, cooperation, and integration between government agencies, civil society organizations, and the private sector, aims to reach the best level of treatment services for the injured people of Gaza, according to the statement.
According to official Egyptian data, 575 injured Gazans have been admitted to Egyptian hospitals for treatment since Nov. 1.
After weeks of Israeli strikes on Gaza in retaliation for an attack on Oct. 7 by Hamas against Israel, the two sides reached a four-day humanitarian truce last week, which was extended for another two days starting on Tuesday.
READ MORE
US sanctions DR Congo ex-leader Kabila over rebel ties
UN helps return hundreds of DR Congo refugees from Burundi
DR Congo, M23 armed group agree to ease aid, free prisoners
Government plans stricter laws to clean up tea sector
Violence against journalists in DR Congo rising, says RSF
Tea farmers against some clauses in the tea amendment bill
Ruto strips agriculture body of coffee role in sector shake-up
French aid worker killed in DR Congo air strike
Rwanda hits back at US sanctions over M23 support in DR Congo
US slaps sanctions on Rwanda military over DR Congo 'violation'
The Palestinian death toll from the Israel-Hamas conflict has surpassed 15,000, while more than 36,000 people were injured, according to Palestinian figures. Israel said that the Hamas attack killed about 1,200 people while more than 200 people were taken as hostages.