At least 25 killed in Burkina Faso attack in Sahel region
Africa
By
Xinhua
| Feb 07, 2023
At least 25 people were killed on Saturday in a terrorist attack in northern Burkina Faso's Sahel Region, said a regional government official Monday evening.
In a statement, Lieutenant Colonel Rodolphe Sorgho, who is the governor of the Sahel Region, said that armed terrorist groups perpetrated a violent attack Saturday afternoon in the commune of Bani of the province of Seno, killing 25 people, including 22 civilians and three police officers.
Since 2015, insecurity in the West African country has claimed many lives and displaced thousands more.
Last week, at least 28 people, including soldiers and civilians, were killed in two separate gunmen attacks in Burkina Faso, a regional governor and the army revealed.
READ MORE
US sanctions DR Congo ex-leader Kabila over rebel ties
UN helps return hundreds of DR Congo refugees from Burundi
DR Congo, M23 armed group agree to ease aid, free prisoners
Government plans stricter laws to clean up tea sector
Violence against journalists in DR Congo rising, says RSF
Tea farmers against some clauses in the tea amendment bill
Ruto strips agriculture body of coffee role in sector shake-up
French aid worker killed in DR Congo air strike
Rwanda hits back at US sanctions over M23 support in DR Congo
US slaps sanctions on Rwanda military over DR Congo 'violation'