Revealed: Floyd Mayweather's ex-girlfriend was found dead by one of her children

Sports
By Mirror | Mar 17, 2020
Josie Harris and Floyd Mayweather (Image: Twitter/JOSIELHARRIS)

Josie Harris, 40, was found dead in her car in California last week and attempts to resuscitate her failed - but suicide has been ruled out.

One of Floyd Mayweather's ex-girlfriend's children discovered their mum unresponsive in her car and called the emergency services.

Josie Harris was found at around 10 pm outside her home in California last Tuesday and attempts to resuscitate her were unsuccessful.

Harris, 40, who had three children with the former fighter, is understood not to have killed herself and no drugs were found at the scene.

Police found no suicide note and her cause of death will now be confirmed by a post-mortem, reports TMZ.

Harris and Mayweather were together for 15 years until 2010 when he assaulted her in front of their children.

Mayweather was later sentenced to 90 days in prison, of which he served two months.

The retired boxer paid tribute to his ex-girlfriend on social media by posting a series of pictures of the pair of them together.

Mayweather called her "My Angel", "my heart", "my love", "my rock", "my family", "my sweetheart" and "my friend" in series of eight pictures.

After his prison sentence, Mayweather rarely saw Harris other than when he picked up his children in person.

In an interview in 2014 Harris said: "(It means) I don't have to take a Xanax before he comes, otherwise I will be sweating bullets.

"For some reason I still get anxiety when I know that he is on his way. I have no idea why, but I get really overwhelmed when I know that I have to be around him."

Of the abuse she suffered at the hands of the former pound-for-pound great, Harris added: "I was a battered woman," she said. "I felt embarrassed about saying I was a battered woman. I felt shame. I felt like it was my fault. What did I do?"

Share this story
Under-20 talents to face off in battle for tickets to world event in Eugene
The World Under-20 Championships is set for August 5-9 in Eugene.
Over 2,500 players to battle it out in Duracoat Golf Masters Series
The Duracoat Golf Masters series 2026 will be played at 12 venues before the grand finale that will be staged at Mount Kipipiri at the end of the year. 
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS