First CBC classroom complete
EDUCATION | By Phares Mutembei | January 22nd 2022
The Ministry of Education on Friday opened the first completed Competency-Based Curriculum classroom in Eastern region in Meru County.
Ministry's officer in charge of Human Resource Paul Kagira, who was representing Cabinet Secretary George Magoha, opened the classroom at Ruiga Girls High School in Central Imenti Sub-county.
Accompanied by area MP Kirima Nguchine, Mr Kagira inspected ongoing construction of classrooms, with 35 of them at roofing stage.
"Meru County is ahead of other counties. We are very proud of the school management and contractors for the work," he said.
Kagira said outstanding dues for the contractors were ready at the National Treasury.
Meru County had been allocated 388 CBC classrooms.
He also applauded the Central Imenti National Government-Constituency Development Fund for funding the construction of new classrooms.
Nguchine said the new CBC classrooms and the ones his NG-CDF had funded will improve education standards in the region.
"We are very happy with the efforts being made to put up the infrastructure," said Nguchine.
Asbel Kiprop denies sustaining head injuries in nightclub fight
- Two missing men found dead inside vehicle in Lucky Summer
By Mate Tongola
- Court says State acquired prime Eldoret land from owner legally
- US offers Sh233m bounty for two suspects wanted for drug, wildlife crimes
By Betty Njeru
- Disquiet in Kenya Kwanza over Rigathi Gachagua's 'careless' outbursts
- Wilson Airport airspace to be closed Saturday