Kagwe speaks on Chinese nationals seen leaving the country
UREPORT | By Vincent Kejitan | July 31st 2020
Health CS Mutahi Kagwe on Friday spoke on the hundreds ofChinese nationals who were seen at JKIA leaving the country.
Asked whether they knew something that Kenyans did not, Kagwesaid their travel arrangements had been organized earlier and they are goingback to their country.
The CS added that there was no need for alarm as Kenya wasalso doing the same in different countries.
“We are not concerned about the Chinese leaving Kenya… thereis nothing they know that we do not know.
“They are free to do so. We are doing the same,” he said.
His sentiments were echoed by Transport PS Solomon Kitunguwho said most of the Chinese who were seen at the airport were part ofessential services.
“During this Covid season we have been allowing essentialservices. On the Chinese this was a matter that had been previously processed,it was an arranged flight,” he said.
On Friday, thecountry recorded 723 new positive cases taking the cumulative number to303,959.
Unfortunately, 16patients succumbed to the virus and Kagwe said even young people are losingtheir lives to Covid-19.
“From KNH, a 22-year-old lady passed away. From Kiambu Level5 Hospital, a 37-year-old, 28-year-old & 24-year-old have died.
“This virus is not leaving anyone out. Do not think thatbeing young, makes you an exemption. The 28-year-old had no underlyingcondition,” said Kagwe.
On a morepositive note, there were 44 recoveries, taking the total number of recoveriesto 8165.
All 400 Maranda School Form 4 students sent home indefinitely
- Duale: Uhuru’s sudden appearance during my TV interview didn’t scare me
- Man who shot woman he thought was fugitive cop Kangogo found dead
By Osinde Obare
- Police officers’ ‘slashed salaries’: What’s happening?
By Mate Tongola
- Country's only known alligator since 1967 on the brink of death
- My old-fashioned watermill has served me for 90 years, says miller