Man in court seeking ballot papers to have ‘none of the above’ option
RIFT VALLEY | By Julius Chepkwony | November 12th 2021
A petitioner has moved to court, seeking the introduction of “none of the above” option on ballot papers.
Boniface Mwai filed his petition at the Nakuru High Court on Friday, November 12.
Mwai argues that the box will provide 360-degree options for voters.
“That option (none of the above) allows voters who do not have confidence in the listed candidates to exercise their democratic right by indicating that none of the aspirants has won them over,” he said.
The petitioner wants the court to compel the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) to introduce that option on ballot papers, starting with the 2022 General Election.
Cate Waruguru: Be assured that I'll still be an MP in the next Parliament
By Betty Njeru
- An indecent proposal and a public rebuff
By Peter Kimani
- Serial shop lifter caught stealing maize flour again
- Two bright sisters fail to join Form One over lack of fees
By Marion Kithi
- Top KCPE triplets stranded as half term break nears
- Mudavadi: ICT ministry, CA have conspired to rig Raila in
By Brian Okoth