Alfred Mutua: Kalonzo Musyoka no longer the kingpin after election loss
POLITICS | By Josphat Thiong'o | October 18th 2021
Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua has hit out at Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka claiming he is no longer the undisputed Kamba kingpin.
Dr Mutua said Wiper’s loss at Nguu/Masumba Ward by-election was an indication that Kalonzo was no longer the person to talk on behalf of Ukambani region.
“I respect Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka and I call all my supporters to be respectful. However, he needs to be politely reminded that the Nguu/Masumba Ward by-election has shown that over 76 per cent of voters rejected him and Wiper. That is the current status,” said Mutua.
“I wish to inform all political and development players that the Kamba Nation has awoken up from selfish leadership and we have shifted our alliance from the politics of poverty to politics of development,” he added.
The second term governor said it was time for change in Ukambani, claiming that for the over 30 years that the Kamba nation has politically been under Kalonzo's leadership, he has never seized this opportunity to initiate development or empower people.
Isaac Mwaura: DP position is reserved for Mount Kenya
- Shock as man found with Ak-47 rifle during security check at guest house
By Edward Kosut
- Atwoli pressures Mudavadi to declare source of Karen home construction funds
- Western legislators criticise ANC leader for working with DP
- Stowaway survives 11-hour flight that made Nairobi stopover
- Raila allies dismiss Mudavadi, Ruto alliance, root for Azimio