Shock in Murang’a as body of pupil, 13, found by mum in bedroom
CENTRAL | By Boniface Gikandi | September 9th 2021
A 13-year-old girl from Gatanga, Murang’a County, died shortly after she was sent home on Tuesday morning.
Lucy Wairimu, a Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) candidate at Gathanji Primary School, is the second pupil to die in similar circumstances at the institution in the last two years.
Monica Wanjiku, an aunt, said she saw her walking home at around 7am. When she arrived, she did her assignments as ordered and requested her mother to accompany her to school.
But before they left, she went to her bedroom where she allegedly ended her life.
Murang’a County Police Commander Donatha Kiplangat said the mother found the body in the bedroom.
He said detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations were looking into the incident.
Kipsigis Girls closed after students storm out of school
By Nikko Tanui
- Former minister’s cows attached over Sh888,000 debt
- Guards detained for seven days over death of teenage boy at Komothai Girls
- Chakwera: The Buruburu lecturer who became Malawi president
- MP, Khalwale differ over calls to support Mudavadi
- Matiang’i condemns Ruto rally disruption