Faithfuls pray for two brothers at Christian Far Vision Church in Nakuru West yesterday. [Harun Wathari]

Church leaders in Nakuru have promised to trace the parents of two brothers who allegedly escaped to the town from their rural home in Bungoma County to avoid being recruited into sorcery.

The two men stripped naked and stormed a Nakuru church after they reportedly “revealed plans by their father to induct them into witchcraft”.

According to Dickson Mugaru of Christian Far Vision Church, one of the brothers had been a member of the church for nearly a year but stopped attending services three months ago.

“He came back a week ago and attended the first service on Sunday. He looked disturbed and remained behind with church leaders in the evening,” said Mugaru.

It was during the meeting with the church leaders that the man claimed his father was a sorcerer and wanted to pass over the role to him.

Marks on body

“He showed us marks made on his body by his father in the process of passing over the role to him. He revealed that he was not ready for the dark world, reason why he had also fled the home in the first instance,” Mugaru said.

Joseph Muniu, a church elder, claimed some invisible forces attacked the man towards 6pm, making him to destroy some church property.

Muniu said after alerting other church leaders, they called in the man’s brother, a boda boda operator, to take him to hospital.

“He turned violent all of a sudden and started breaking chairs and throwing items in the church as we spoke to him. We restrained him and prayed for him. When he calmed down, his brother carried him on his motorcycle to take him to hospital,” said Muniu.

The residents were, however, shocked yesterday morning after the two brothers resurfaced and marched to the church, where they both undressed and entered the church’s toilet.

As the crowd grew bigger outside, the two brothers left the toilet and entered the church, where they started shouting and speaking in a language none of the residents in the cosmopolitan area understood.

Apostle Mugaru said arrangements were being made to reach the family and have the matter addressed.

“As preachers, we will have to look for this family and establish if the father is involved in witchcraft. The man needs to be delivered even as we seek to save the sons from these spirits,” he said.

Nakuru West Deputy County Commissioner Elmi Shaffi said he had heard of the incident but no complaint had been made to warrant action by authorities.