Raila receives fresh supporters from Mandera, promises to work with them
POLITICS | By Grace Ng’ang’a | December 2nd 2021
ODM leader Raila Odinga’s presidential bid received a boost after he welcomed new supporters from North Eastern region.
Speaking at Nairobi’s Chungwa House on Tuesday, Raila said: “Our doors are open and we are always elated when we get new members.”
Raila said he had always had the interests of Mandera people at heart and promised that things would get better. The leaders called for equal opportunities in ODM and vowed to campaign for Raila.
Former Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission boss Halake Waqo said campaigns for Raila in the region had begun.
“The fact that this party has been strong over the years, its resilience and the strong leadership speaks a lot. It affirms that one is making the right decision,” Waqo said.
ODM secretary general Edwin Sifuna promised a free and fair nominations and urged them to remain loyal.
Former Rift Valley PC Hassan Noor endorsed Raila’s presidential bid, saying the region had challenges like drought and insecurity, and hoped Raila’s leadership would save them.
Woman bought cake, wrote five-page suicide note before killing self and two children
- Ngirici rebrands campaign vehicles, says Ruto likely to lose
- Major showdowns in Central Rift as former MPs stage comebacks
- List of governors who attended Naivasha meeting in support of Raila presidential bid
- Ruto blames Raila after chaos rock his Jacaranda rally
- Raila, Muriithi and Peter Kenneth hold meeting at Atwoli’s home