Vehicles destroyed during protests as Ruto tours Busia
POLITICS | By Nathan Ochunge | October 23rd 2021
Several vehicles were destroyed on Saturday as a section of youth protested against Deputy President William Ruto's tour of Busia Town.
The youth, who were chanting pro-ODM slogans, attempted to block the DP’s motorcade at Korinda area on the Busia-Kakamega highway.
Motorists, who were plying the route, found themselves in the melee, with several of the vehicles pelted with stones. Pieces of broken window glasses were scattered on the road.
Following the chaos, DP William Ruto rerouted to Nambale Town, where he briefly addressed a roadside gathering.
Anti-riot police, who were on standby, swiftly responded by repulsing the crowd.
The DP and members of his entourage weren’t harmed in the chaos.
Unravelling Dr Mercy Mwangangi’s love metaphor
- Witnesses now decline to testify against lawyer Paul Gicheru at the ICC
- Suspected suicide bomber blows self up in Kisumu, kills elderly couple
- Raila Odinga and the Trio Mio debate: Musician’s mum speaks
- Fred Matiang’i: Kabete police officer killed 6 in love triangle rage
- Fake KDF man storms police station, harasses officer on duty
By Erick Abuga