The 2020 Beyond Zero Half Marathon is set to take place on
Sunday, March 8, 2020, and will be led by First Lady Margaret Kenyatta.
As expected, several roads will be affected by the marathon
and motorists have been asked to use alternative routes.
Joshua Omukata, the Nairobi County Traffic Commander, said
appropriate measures had been put in place to control traffic.
The roads to be affected include; Mombasa, Lusaka,
Aerodrome, Bunyala, Haile Selassie, Kenyatta Avenue, University Way and Waiyaki
Way.
“We have made the elaborate ways of managing the traffic
flow. Motorists coming from Mombasa Road are advised to use the southern
bypass, same as those coming from Waiyaki Way. James Gichuru and Jogoo Road
will be available for use and those heading towards the JKIA from town should
use Jogoo Road,” said Omukata.
READ MORE
Zanzibar launches $12 million heritage restoration drive with private partner
The Bar speaks: Charles Kanjama wins LSK presidency
Nairobi MCAs question State House city management deal
How Nairobi County's transfer of functions raises governance questions
The map below shows the route that will be used and the
roads that will be temporarily closed.
Proceeds from the event will be used in acquiring resources
to bring to focus key challenges facing Kenyans and build strategic
partnerships.
In this year’s edition, participants will select one of the
following causes to run for:
- I will run for zero child deaths
- I will run for zero maternal deaths
- I will run for zero FGM
- I will run for a healthy lifestyle for the elderly
- I will run for early screening of cancer
- I will run for inclusion of persons who are differently
abled
- I will run for better nutrition for children
- I will run for zero child marriages
- I will run for zero HIV infections