FIFA have confirmed that a bomb threat was received at the 65th congress meeting on Friday.
German media reported earlier in the day that there was a bomb threat, but delegates and media in the FIFA headquarters in Zurich were not initially told about any threat.
But the room was eventually cleared during lunch and FIFA have since confirmed that there was indeed a bomb threat confirmed by local police.
Jerome Valcke told the room: "A bomb threat was received... in consultation, we decided to search the room. The premises have been cleared and we can start again."
The bomb threat was described as being 'anonymous'
READ MORE
Junior Starlets intensify preps ahead of Uganda test
Trump says he would not pay $1,000 to watch US at World Cup
Bill for two decades of failure by football officials is now due
FIFA, CAF demand answers from FKF over suspension of top officials
Protesters from around the world have gathered outside of the headquarters in order to protest against the FIFA presidency of Sepp Blatter.
He is currently standing up against Prince Ali to win a fifth term in charge of the sport's governing body. It is widely expected that Blatter will get the 105 of the 209 votes he requires to claim a majority win.