GSU officer kills colleague, flees camp in Laikipia
RIFT VALLEY | By James Munyeki | November 25th 2021
A General Service Unit (GSU) officer based at Miteta Camp in Laikipia West shot his colleague following an argument yesterday afternoon
According to sources privy to the incident, the two officers had just finished having lunch together at the camp established to curb insecurity in the region.
Laikipia County Police Commander John Nyoike confirmed the incident, saying that the two were involved in an argument before the shooting.
"The suspect who is on the run shot his colleague killing him on the spot. He then vanished into nearby bushes in a valley leading towards Baringo County," said Mr Nyoike.
The police boss revealed that the suspect, whose identity was not immediately released, escaped with his loaded gun and a few of his belongings.
"He picked his gun and sped off while shooting in the air. Our officers are pursuing him," said Nyoike.
Isaac Mwaura: DP position is reserved for Mount Kenya
- Shock as man found with Ak-47 rifle during security check at guest house
By Edward Kosut
- Atwoli pressures Mudavadi to declare source of Karen home construction funds
- Western legislators criticise ANC leader for working with DP
- Stowaway survives 11-hour flight that made Nairobi stopover
- Raila allies dismiss Mudavadi, Ruto alliance, root for Azimio