Woman arrested over death of Nakuru policeman
RIFT VALLEY | By Kennedy Gachuhi | July 25th 2021
Police have arrested a woman believed to have been with a police constable at her house minutes before he was found dead.
Yesterday, Kuresoi South Sub-county police commander Henry Nyaranga said detectives are trying to unearth what could have led to the sudden death of police constable David Kurgat. He was attached to Kiptagich Police Station.
“We have arrested a female suspect who was with the police constable at her house on Friday night. His body was recovered minutes after they parted ways,” said Nyaranga.
The police boss revealed that the officer was reportedly in a love affair with the suspect.
“The woman's house is just a kilometre away from Olenguruone Police Station,” said Nyaranga.
He said that the body of the officer was found minutes past midnight by the roadside.
“It is not yet clear what led to his death but he appears to have collapsed minutes after leaving the woman’s residence,” Nyaranga said, adding that detectives have visited the scene where the officer was found and the woman's house.
“His body was moved to Olenguruone Sub-County Morgue. A post-mortem will be conducted on Monday,” he said.
Happy ending for brave Form Two student begging for school fees on city streets
- Governor Hillary Barchok taken to task over hiring staff from the same community
- Kenya Power board kicked out of House as key meeting aborts
- Governor Chepkwony now opposes James Finlay's move to sell flower farm
By Nikko Tanui
- Woman dies while reporting ‘stubborn’ daughter to police
By Brian Okoth
- Officer arrested over link to 2,040 bullets found in Embakasi car
By Jael Mboga