A man suspected of defiling an eight-year-old Class Three child has been arrested.
The man, 40, had been missing for a week after the incident in Keringet, Kuresoi North. Area OCPD Hesbon Kadenge said police launched a manhunt for the suspect after villagers filed a report.
He said they were still waiting for the girl's family to record a statement on the matter.
An elder, John Lang'at, said the suspect, a divorcee, lured the minor, a neighbour's child, into his house before abusing her.
Lang'at said they took the child to Keringet dispensary for examination and treatment.
READ MORE
Kenyan jailed in US over terror plot akin to Sept 11
PCEA leaders jailed for defying court orders over treasurer's installation
Waititu to remain in jail after court denies bail plea again