Africa Deaflympics Ball Games: Kenya thump Somaliland to finish ninth
OLYMPICS | By Ochieng Oyugi | September 21st 2021
Kenya hit Somaliland 5-2 to finish ninth at the Africa Deaflympics Ball Games gualifiers at Kasarani Stadium, yesterday.
Kenya’s goals were scored by Kennedy Kilonzo, Phillip Kirui, Mweu Muinde, Yahye Bashir and Gasper Asituha. Ahmed Siyad scored a brace for Somaliland.
The match was entirely one-sided in the opening half. Kennedy Kiptoo was the first to test the opponents as he hit the woodwork in the third-minute after a brilliant run on the right flank.
Kirui missed an open chance to slot the ball into the net in the eighth minute. Kilonzo dribbled well but failed to beat Somaliland goalkeeper Clraximan Iman in the 11th minute.
Kilonzo had another well taken free-kick on the left flank which he drilled past Iman.
Kongowea traders want Ruto's Sh2 million donation probed
By Patrick Beja
- Governor Waiguru joins UDA
By Betty Njeru
- Mau Mau Road construction triggers property value rise
- Supreme Court stops Kananu swearing-in as Nairobi governor
By Paul Ogemba
- Man Utd-Liverpool match protests lead to 14 arrests, closure of school
By Moses Baya
- Rise in human bird flu cases in China shows risk of fast-changing variants: experts