'Standard' journalists scoop top awards at this year's MCK gala event
May 7th 2022
Journalist of the Year award, which is the highest award recognition, went to Naipanoi Lepapa of The Elephant for a story on the surrogacy industry in Kenya.
The award categories included agriculture and food security, best radio production, best prime time bulletin, cameraperson of the year, environment and gender.
Others were health, special topic, sports and journalist of the year, innovation and business, podcast of the year (digital and radio), investigative, photojournalist, development reporting for both digital, print radio and TV.
This year, MCK also added four more winners for the Life Time Achievement Award from the usual one.
The awards came a few days after journalists celebrated World Press Freedom Day on May 3 under the theme, "Journalism under Digital Siege".
A day before the award event, journalists held a media summit at the same hotel where speakers called for more freedom of the press even as the country approaches the August 9 General Election.
Bangi-ology: Gwanda Ogot explores Roots Party marijuana pledge
By Too Jared
- Sex workers announce new terms of service, as the going gets tough
By Peter Kimani
- Let government remove veil of secrecy from deals involving national assets
- Pain for Kenyans food, fuel prices hit five-year high
- Ignore naysayers and vaccinate your children against HPV
- Video: My mother lost her mind after learning that I was an armed robber
By Jael Musumba