Muhuri activists charged with disturbing peace in Mombasa
| February 19th 2021
Two activists have been charged with crating disturbance in a manner likely to breach peace in Mombasa.
The two Muslims for Human Rights activists Khelifa Khalifa and Francis Auma appeared before Mombasa Magistrate Rita Amwayi and denied the charges.
The two are said to have caused commotion at the Likoni Ferry Channel on Thursday morning.
They were released on a cash bail of Sh20,000 each. Their case will be mentioned on May 4, 2021.
After their release, there was commotion between the two activists and the arresting police officer who rearrested them to face traffic related charges.
The two activists accused the police of failing to inform them about the traffic charges early enough.
After being declared guilty of murder, Jane Muthoni wanted only her phone
- MPs link Murathe to supplies firm that bagged Sh4b Kemsa deal
By Brian Otieno
- 71-year-old man admits to raping woman
- The goodies Uhuru has in his bag from the DR Congo
- Uhuru loans poster activist wins elective NGO seat
- Gunmen shoot three people dead in vehicle