Ivory Coast midfielder Kessie joins Barcelona as free agent after leaving AC Milan
By Reuters - Jul 4th 2022
Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie has joined Barcelona on a free transfer after leaving AC Milan, the LaLiga club announced on Monday.
Barcelona said Kessie has signed a contract until June 2026 and his buy-out clause would be set at 500 million euros ($522.80 million).
The 25-year-old left AC Milan at the end of his contract in June after helping the Italian club win their first Serie A title in 11 years last season.
Kessie, who can contribute in attack and defence, has 58 caps for Ivory Coast.
Barcelona came second in LaLiga last season, finishing behind rivals Real Madrid.
Oscar Sudi: Kapsaret MP elect sends two wives to collect certificate
- How IEBC will determine who wins presidency
By David Njaaga
- Isaac Ruto airlifted to Nairobi for specialised treatment
- Police disperse rowdy supporters at Kianyaga tallying centre
By Jane Mugambi
- Six hours to surrender: DCI issues fresh ultimatum to MP Didmus Barasa
By Mate Tongola
- Narok gets another woman MP in anti-FGM activist Agnes Pareiyo