FA not taking action against Vieira for fan altercation at Everton
By Reuters - May 25th 2022
Crystal Palace manager Patrick Vieira will not be charged by England's Football Association (FA) following his altercation with a fan amid a pitch invasion at Goodison Park last week.
Vieira was confronted by the supporter after his team's 3-2 defeat by Everton and the Frenchman appeared to kick the fan to the ground before being led away.
Both parties declined to make a formal complaint and Merseyside Police declined to file charges after an investigation.
The comeback win over Palace secured Everton's Premier League survival, which led to the home team's fans invading the pitch. The FA and both clubs are still investigating the pitch invasion.
Pakistan's Jamaat-e-Islami pledges to restore dignity for women
- Stop overdependence on maize meals, Munya tells Kenyans
By Fred Kagonye
- UEFA supports ban on pirate sports websites in Kenya
- Forest sign Manchester United's Dean Henderson on loan
- My mother lost her mind after learning that I was an armed robber
By Jael Musumba
- Sale of animal parts recipe for another pandemic, Vets warn
By Mike Kihaki