11 students arrested after private school dormitory burns
EDUCATION | By Antony Gitonga | December 6th 2021
Police have arrested 11 students of Naivasha Boys Secondary School, following a fire that destroyed property worth millions of shillings.
The boys were arrested hours after a dormitory and personal effects of over 60 students were destroyed in a fire that broke out last night.
The dormitory in the private school located in Maryland Estate caught fire at around 8pm when the students were in class for their evening studies.
Jared Kuria, who lives near the school, said lack of water and strong winds affected efforts to contain the fire or rescue students’ personal effects.
Naivasha Deputy County Commissioner Mutua Kisilu said no one was injured and initial investigations pointed to arson.
“Police have taken over the issue,” he said.
Mystery of body of Embu-based DCI officer found 400km away near Iten
- Former LinkedIn boss found dead in Nairobi hotel
- Governor Kibwana: I disown my deputy for joining DP Ruto’s camp
- Governor Rasanga pulls out of parliamentary race
- Why I ditched Ruto for Raila, reveals MP Pkosing
- President Kenyatta condoles with family of former Speaker Kenneth Marende