Nakuru Town East Deputy county commissioner Herman Shambi. [Joseph Kipsang, Standard]
Isiolo town streets remained deserted following the killing of a boda boda rider on Thursday evening.
The killing led to protests by boda boda riders and residents in the town.
According to witnesses, Diba Osman, the victim, was picked up from a garage in the town centre in a Tuk Tuk, beaten up and taken to an unknown destination.
Riders tried to pursue the Tuk Tuk but could not catch up with it.
READ MORE
Protests erupt in Isiolo over disappearance of hawker George Gitonga
Construction of security installation along Moyale-Isiolo corridor discontinued
Fresh protests erupt in Moyale, Sololo and Marsabit as border dispute tensions escalate
Leaders demands State ends cattle rustling and killings in Meru and Isiolo counties or sue it
Police later found his body and took it to Isiolo Level Four hospital mortuary. Family members were still awaiting postmortem by the time of going to press.
A street fight pitting boda boda riders from one community against those from another community ensued, forcing businesses to close early on Thursday.
Isiolo County Commissioner Herman Shambi (pictured), who chaired a security committee meeting yesterday, told reporters that three people - the garage owner, the rider of the Tuk Tuk and owner - had been arrested.
“They are assisting the police with investigations. We hope to arrest more suspects,” said Mr Shambi. The administrator appealed to residents not to take the law in their hands.