Safaricom sends message to customers by mistake
SCI & TECH
| February 23rd 2021
NAIROBI, KENYA: A system error sent thousands of Safaricom subscribers text message on Monday prompting discussions on social media pages.
The message with the word ‘test!’ came from shortcode 44444. It was immediately followed by an apology from Safaricom asking subscribers to ignore the text.
“Dear Customer, Safaricom would like to sincerely apologise for earlier sending you a test message in error. Kindly ignore it,” read the apology.
Raila Odinga Junior on receiving the SMS posted a message on his Twitter account at 8.15 PM seeking answers from his followers on the weird number 44444 sending out a text. From the response, it was evident that his followers also received a similar message followed by an apology.
Justice Nduma Nderi: What I will do when I become CJ
- Bad blood among Koinange kin derails 40-year-old succession battle
- Man fights for right to raise his daughter aged three
- Family of KDF man killed cries for justice
By Mike Ekutan
- How the Rwathia boys carved own corner at Nairobi bourse
- Lake swells, homes flooded, people move