Two injured in a banditry attack in Laikipia
RIFT VALLEY | By James Munyeki | December 6th 2021
Two people were shot and injured by suspected bandits at Kahuho, Ol Moran, Laikipia County have been admitted to Nyahururu County Hospital.
The attackers, who raided the village on Sunday evening, shot 60-year-old Loise Wairimu two times on the leg and
John Mwangi on his right hand before fleeing with two cows and seven sheep.
Sosian MCA Jacob Edung said over ten armed men stormed the village and terrorised residents before stealing their animals.
"It was in broad daylight when they attacked and shot the two. The attackers then fled towards Baringo," he said.
Edung noted that they took the two to the hospital.
"We are tired of these shooting incidents. The government must move with speed and evict all these illegal grazers and bandits terrorising us," he said.
Laikipia County commissioner Joseph Kanyiri said they recovered the animals, but no arrests had been made so far.
"We are in pursuit of the attackers. We have so far recovered the livestock. We will give them back to the owners," he said.
He said more security officers were deployed to the areas bordering Baringo County.
Isaac Mwaura: DP position is reserved for Mount Kenya
- Shock as man found with Ak-47 rifle during security check at guest house
By Edward Kosut
- Atwoli pressures Mudavadi to declare source of Karen home construction funds
- Western legislators criticise ANC leader for working with DP
- Stowaway survives 11-hour flight that made Nairobi stopover
- Raila allies dismiss Mudavadi, Ruto alliance, root for Azimio