Ruto to meet UDA, Kenya Kwanza elected leaders
By Allan Mungai - Aug 16th 2022
President-elect William Ruto will tomorrow, Wednesday meet the United Democratic Alliance (UDA) and Kenya Kwanza elected leaders in the just concluded polls.
UDA Secretary General Veronica Maina in a notice, said the inaugural caucus scheduled to start at 9 am would include elected governors, senators, MPs, and Woman representatives elected under Kenya Kwanza.
"The President-Elect and the Deputy President-Elect will soon convene regional inaugural caucus meetings for all members of the county assembly elected through the political parties of the Kenya Kwanza coalition," said Maina.
Ruto was elected President-elect alongside his deputy Rigathi Gachagua, announced by Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) Chairman Wafula Chebukati at the Bomas of Kenya in Nairobi on Monday.
However, Raila Odinga, the Azimio la Umoja-One Kenya candidate, has since challenged his [Ruto] election, in which four presidential candidates competed.
- Company sued for allegedly firing its legal officer for attending a funeral
- Kenyan firms fret over duty-free access to US market in new Biden deal
By Brian Ngugi
- What I wanted Ruto to hear, woman who interrupted president's speech reveals
- The first World Cup in Middle East: Viewer's guide for this year's WC in Qatar
- Freemason: What you should know about this highly secretive society
By David Njaaga