Six patients recover from Covid-19, cases up by 53
HEALTH & SCIENCE | By Betty Njeru | December 4th 2021
Six people have recovered from the coronavirus disease in the latest statistics from the Health Ministry.
“Five were discharged from the Home Based Isolation and Care program and one from a health facility,” Health CS Mutahi Kagwe (pictured) said in a statement.
The country has some 248,404 recoveries from the disease.
On Saturday, fifty-three people tested positive for the disease, from 4,071 samples conducted in the last 24 hours.
The positivity rate is now 1.3 per cent, with 255,408 total confirmed cases and 2,852,828 tests conducted since the onset of Covid-19.
The death toll remains 5,335.
“A total of one hundred and eighty-nine patients are currently admitted in various health facilities countrywide, while 815 are under the Home-Based Isolation and Care program. Four patients are in the ICU,” the CS said.
Two patients are also admitted in the HDU.
Kenya has so far fully vaccinated 10.8 per cent of the adult population, and administred some 7,525,681 vaccines.
Asbel Kiprop denies sustaining head injuries in nightclub fight
- Two missing men found dead inside vehicle in Lucky Summer
By Mate Tongola
- Court says State acquired prime Eldoret land from owner legally
- US offers Sh233m bounty for two suspects wanted for drug, wildlife crimes
By Betty Njeru
- Disquiet in Kenya Kwanza over Rigathi Gachagua's 'careless' outbursts
- Wilson Airport airspace to be closed Saturday