Photos: Fans line-up at KICC to take a snap with World Cup trophy
May 27th 2022
The General Service Unit and the regular police ensured law and order was maintained during the occasion.
Firefighters and ambulances were on standby at the location to offer quick medical responses that would have risen.
For foodies, event organisers Coca Cola set up food courts where their wet appetites were quenched with nyama choma, chilled drinks and other mouthwatering meals.
Other food vendors too made a kill by selling sumptuous meals in their set up cubicles.
The revellers also had a chance to enjoy a 'World Cup' experience in the mini-stadium that was erected at the venue, which was complete with stands and seats.
For sports lovers, a section was set up where they competed in various sports including pool games, futsal, FIFA, penalty takes and juggling.
All in all, it was a thrilling and exciting day for football fans in Kenya.
In case you are reading this from South Africa, at least you now have a gist of what to expect when the trophy lands in Johannesburg on Saturday.
William Ruto pledges two-year turnaround strategy for KQ
- Aquittal of former city finance boss in Sh18m graft case revoked
By Paul Ogemba
- DP Ruto pledges free internet, criticises recent state projects
- Sylvia Mulinge appointed new MTN Uganda CEO
By Betty Njeru
- CUE: The reasons why we revoked Sakaja's degree
- Police identify suspect behind disruption of Karua speech in Gusii Stadium