Man City's Mendy pleads not guilty to nine sex offences
May 23rd 2022
Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy entered pleas of not guilty to nine charges of sexual assault against six women on Monday.
The 27-year-old denied all the charges, including seven counts of rape, at Chester Crown Court. The attacks are alleged to have taken place at his home between October 2020 and August 2021.
Mendy's co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie, 40, also entered not guilty pleas to 12 charges relating to the attacks. The trial is set for Jul 25.
Mendy last played for City against Tottenham Hotspur on Aug 15 and was suspended by the Premier League club later that month when he was arrested.
The France international signed for City from Ligue 1 side AS Monaco in 2017 for a fee in the region of 52 million pounds.
Ignore naysayers and vaccinate your children against HPV
- Video: My mother lost her mind after learning that I was an armed robber
By Jael Musumba
- Cost of living shoots to the highest since August 2017
- Motor vehicle industry has great potential for creating more jobs
- Waihiga promises to bring back Sh 20 trillion stashed abroad
- Agano Party leader David Waihiga calls for the arrest of Wajackoyah