National Assembly majority leader Aden Duale has responded to critics over his expression of intention to have the motion to discuss the conduct of Judge Odunga when parliament resumes in January 2017.
"I intend to give notice of motion to discuss the conduct of Judge Odunga when house resumes in January 2017 as per standing order no 87," said Duale.
He has defended his decision saying he will not be intimidated since any citizen can petition the Judicial Service Commission for the removal of any judge as it is provided for constitutionally.
"I will not be intimidated by the Law Society of Kenya, the Chief Justice or the CORD Principals into denying me the legislative powers given to me under article 94," he said in a tweet on Saturday.
It is after the CORD leaders last week moved to court seeking intervention on the Thursday's special seating in which Jubilee legislators passed amendments to the election laws.
READ MORE
Police recover Sh2 million suspected cocaine, bhang
Wet weekend ahead as heavy rains sweep across counties
KeNHA to clear structures along Thika road
Magical Kenya Open: Jastas Madoya reveals what fuels his passion for golf
Mr. Duale said he will be on record as the first member of parliament in Kenya who will bring a motion to discuss the conduct of a sitting Judge.
In a press release, CJ Maraga condemned the utterances made by the majority leader terming them to be in disregard to the rule of law.